Annual Scholarship Program
The Open Door of Delta, Inc., as a part of its commitment to education, offers TWO $1,000 scholarships each spring to high school seniors who are planning to attend a 2-year or 4-year college. We began offering scholarships in 2012.
Our vision statement is "assisting people in need through mentoring, education, financial literacy and housing to achieve self-sufficiency in a non-profit setting".
Two scholarship awards in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1000.00) each are made.
- One is a General Scholarship in which financial need is not a factor.
- The other includes financial need as a factor.
- Scholarship is open to an enrolled high school senior in a Fulton County school system.
- Applicant must have volunteered with an organization.
- Grade point average between 2.5 and 4.0
- Must be accepted and planning to attend a two or four year degree program.
Application: All applications will include a 250 minimum/400 maximum word essay chosen from one of the topics below:
- Tell us about the career you are going to study and how you will utilize your career to better serve your community.
- Tell us about your volunteer experience and what impact this will have on your future.
Recommendations: Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation from local non-related persons.
College Acceptance: Include a copy of your college acceptance letter, if you have it.
Dead line for submitting applications is March 24, 2018. All applications must be mailed and post marked on or before the deadline. Only applications submitted by mail will be considered.
You may download the forms below.